So you’re part of LexRunLadies.
You might visit the website from time to time. You might keep up with us on facebook or twitter. And maybe you’ve signed up for the newsletter.
But have you spent any time poking around the archives here? Do you really know what’s here on the website for you? I think there’s some pretty nifty stuff, so I thought I’d show you!
Look up at the top of the page, right under our lovely logo.
Let’s start under the “About” tab on the top.
From there, you can find info on how to keep in touch with us all over the place. You can find the links to our twitter and facebook. You can sign up for our weekly newsletter. It is also the place to find the link to our SpreadShirt store for LRL gear. The email is there, and some information about me. (And if you write for the group a few times and want your info up on the contributors section, just let me know!)
There is so much useful stuff under the “Resources” tab too!
You’ll find useful articles that we have written about a variety of running topics. Links to running calendars are linked for Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati, and the Huntington area. Also linked are general training programs and running resources. Lots of places to learn more about running.
The “Summer Runners” tab is the information for our newest runners.
I just renamed the Resolution Runners tab and added the 10K info. This is your easy stop for the training calendars for these groups. Resources specific to these groups and the flyer are posted here as well.
The “Schedule” tab keeps you updated on what we have coming up.
Details for the upcoming week are listed here. (I schedule updates to happen on Monday mornings). I will link to parking and meeting spot details. Sometimes it is just weekend runs, sometimes we have mid-week activities. (There will be more mid-week activities this summer!)
Also, two very important google documents are kept here.
- The Schedule Spreadsheet is our sign-up sheet. This tells me who to expect and keeps you accountable. This way, we know to expect you. I quit using this for a while because no one was using it, but it is really helpful to the organizers of our events. I strongly encourage you to sign up if you know you are coming to an event.
- The Calendar is posted here as well. Even though I only post details of runs a week in advance, I usually have a full month of runs outlined here. This helps you plan a little farther in the future. You’ll also know the next time we will run your favorite routes. (I’m looking at including a trail run or hike one Saturday a month through the summer, just so you know!)
The “Training Groups” tab lists specific training plans that the group will be using for a variety of distances.
You can always modify as you need, but this is the general plan you can expect to follow if you you come to a group run and look for others training for the same race. The plans for 5K and 10K started last month. Half and Full Marathon plans start in July. Want to check them out? They’re posted up there in google calendar and excel files. Through the summer, we will have Ladies training for the MidSummer Night’s Run 5K, the Bluegrass 10,000 (10K), Iron Horse and Marshall Half-Marathons, and Marshall and Outer Banks Marathons. I think that’s pretty awesome.
But that’s not all…there’s information along the bottom of the page too! (I’ll wait while you scroll down and then come back up.)
- Tweets! For those of you that aren’t on twitter, our feed shows up here. This will show tweets that @LexRunLadies has tweeted, retweeted, or favorited.
- Subscribe by email. By putting your address in here, posts made here are sent to your email address. Makes sure you don’t miss them. It does not sign you up for the newsletter. It does not give you updates to any tabs across the top. It just alerts you to new posts like this one.
- Categories. I try really hard to keep all of the posts here organized. So if you are interested in what races people have ran, just click on “race reports” and it will take you to all posts that have been categorized that way. Want to meet some of our members? Click on “Runner Profiles.” “Maps” will take you to all posts that have route maps in them. Want details about Shillito Park? There it is! Want to learn more about the Iron Horse Half Marathon? Click on that category and you’ll see a few different takes of it.
So look around in there!
What else would you like to see?