LexRunLadies is such a huge part of my life. However, my life is becoming increasingly busy. And, for LexRunLadies to continue the way it has been, I need some help.
And that’s where I hope you will come in. Do you love LexRunLadies? Do you have a little time and effort to take some of my load? Unfortunately, there will be no compensation other than awesome karma and regular hugs from me. I’d love to be able to pay for some help, but considering there are no fees for LRL (and that will not change!), we’re just gonna have to be paid in good feelings – myself included.
Here’s what I’m looking for help with:
Point of Contact for Weekly Activities
- I’m looking for 3 ladies – one to represent each of our weekly activities. I’m looking for someone who can commit to be at
West Sixth Running Club on Tuesdays(thanks a ton, Libby!), West Sixth Yoga on Wednesdays(thanks for stepping up, Jaime!), and Polo Club/Deer Haven on Thursdays.
- If you can’t be there on a particular week, just find someone to be the point of contact for you. You would leave this info in the FB post with the weekly schedule.
- You will be responsible for responding to any questions on facebook about the activity. Ladies (or dudes) who are coming for the first time will find you at the event.
- I will forward any email questions about the specific activity to you for response.
- You will be the person who makes decisions about cancelling due to weather and to announce on facebook and twitter. I will give you the twitter information so you can tweet from the LRL account.
- I’ll also ask that you write up a little post for the website. I’ll give you details, but I’ll just ask you to introduce yourself and tell a little about the specifics of the activity and including any necessary details (address, where to park, what to bring, what time to show up, etc).
Social Activity Coordinator
- I absolutely love getting together in “real clothes” or just outside of running. I’m looking for someone to schedule and plan a monthly social event.
- This is wide open. Picnics, potlucks, art hops, shopping in Woodland Triangle, SurfSet class, Bikram yoga. Anything. Wide open.
- Coordinator would plan activity, make necessary reservations, post info to website/facebook/twitter (I would provide log-in info), coordinate any necessary details.
Tshirt Coordinator (Kelly has graciously stepped up for this! Thank you!)
- I am hoping to continue the trend of ordering tshirts two or three times a year.
- I will handle the design of the shirt, receipt of money through paypal, and paying the vendors for the shirts. (So no money will have to pass through the hands of the Coordinator!)
- I am looking for someone to coordinate the order. This would include posting details of the order on the website, facebook, and twitter, putting reminders on facebook and twitter, maintaining spreadsheet of orders/payments, and getting final order to vendor.
- The Tshirt Coordinator will also receive all email questions about the shirts.
- The Coordinator would also be responsible for distributing shirts by organizing a time and place for pickup. This will also need to be announced on the website, facebook, and twitter.
- (Brooke has awesomely stepped up for this!)
- I love reading Race Recaps and Runner Profiles. And I think we need more of them on the website. I’m also interested in adding another feature – “the best place I ever ran,” “runner shout-outs,” “hidden local gems,” etc. I think the more personal content we have, the more intimate our little group is and the more comfortable we feel running with each other.
- I’m looking for someone to reach out to group members to write for the blog. I have questions for runner profiles that I will provide.
- The Blog Coordinator will edit and post member content through WordPress. The Blog Coordinator will announce on twitter and facebook that the links are active.
- I will forward all email and questions about writing for the blog to the Blog Coordinator.
- Help us out! Be on the lookout for running and group related topics to write about. Race recaps, awesome routes, funny stories. If you think, “Man, I’d love to tell the LexRunLadies about that!” then DO IT!
- Willing to write up a Runner Profile or a Race Recap? Please do!
If you are interested and able to help in any way, please shoot me an email to LexRunLadies@gmail.com and we’ll get the ball rolling!
Thank you in advance, friends. This is truly a labor of love. I hope you will join with me.